MGN Public School
  • Home
  • Pre-Primary Wing
  • Primary Wing
  • Sec. & Sr. Sec.Wing
  • Infrastructure
  • School Transport
  • Sports and Games
  • Interact Club
  • School Timings
  • Hostel
  • BGSP Cricket Tournament
  • Tours and Excursions
  • House System
  • OMA
  • Transfer Certificates Issued
  • Online Fee Deposit (NEW)
  • New Admission
  • School Diary
  • Examination
  • Results
  • Summer Vacations H.W.
  • School Calendar
  • News - Bulletin
  • Press Releases
  • Parents Suggestions Box
  • Teachers Suggestion Box
  • Students Suggestion Box
  • Job Openings
  • Latest Updates
  • Value Education
  • Activities
  • Visiting Dignitaries
  •  
     
    OUR SILENT CRUSADER
     
    Click Here for the Gallery
     

    OUR SILENT CRUSADERS

    In 1873, the Singh Sabha Movement was established with the aim of achieving a moral, spiritual and educational reawakening of the Sikh people. The basic aim of the founders of the Singh Sabha Movement was to impart the knowledge of the glorious heritage of the Sikh faith and its traditions to the younger generations. The movement sought to inspire the young with high moral standards of conduct so that they could become the best models of the community. The leaders were determined to alert the Sikh people to the corruption of Sikh values and practices. With these ideals and goals, Guru Singh Sabha Montgomery was founded in 1928 and Sardar Hukam Singh, Founder of our Trust, assumed the charge of Manager Khalsa High School for Boys. Sardar Gian Singh Rai, another practicing lawyer and Sardar Gobind Singh Pasricha, a close associate of S Hukam Singh, joined Sardar Hukam Singh in the achievement of ideals and goals of his mission. Initially the school functioned from the premises of Gurudwara in Montgomery, and later moved to a rented house.

    Sardar Hukam Singh was elected member of SGPC at the first election held under the Sikh Gurdwaras Act, 1925 and continued to be elected successively for many years. Sardar Hukam Singh again assumed the charge of Manager Khalsa High School in 1941, 1943-45.He was the President of Sri Guru Singh Sabha at the time of partition and was evacuated safely to Jalandhar.

    After partition, Sri Guru Singh Sabha,Montgomery, was established at Jalandhar in 1947 with S Hukam Singh, S Gian Singh Rai and S Gobind Singh Pasricha as its founding members. It initially commenced its functioning with the opening of schools for girls and boys from the premises of Gurdawara at Adda Hoshiarpur and then moved to their locations at Basti Bawa Khel for boys and Purani Kachheri, Adda Hoshiarpur for Girls on allotment of evacuee properties. Thereafter on allotment of land on long lease by Jalandhar Improvement Trust at Adarsh Nagar, Jalandhar, Basic Training School for girls was opened.

    Sri Guru Singh Sabha was dissolved in 1974 and M.G.N. Educational Trust was constituted with S Hukam Singh as Chairman and S Gian Singh Rai as Vice Chairman and S Charanjit Singh Pasricha as Secretary, inheriting all the assets of Singh Sabha. And, along with a public school to impart quality global modern Education was also Oened on the premises of Basic Training School at Adarsh Nagar, Jalandhar.

    This is odyssey from Singh Sabha movement to Educational hub of global modern education in the service of nation.

    Under the aegis of MGN Educational Trust,there are 3 Public schools and 3 Government aided high schools and 2 colleges of education at Jalandhar and Kapurthala transforming youth into enlightened citizens.

    Major Charanjit Singh Rai (Retd) son of late S Gian Singh Rai, who was Chairman of Trust from 1990 to 2005, has again assumed the charge of Chairman with effect from May 2018 with Col D S Anand (Retd) as Vice Chairman and S M S Dahiya(Retd SP of PPS)as the Secretary of Trust.

     

     
    MGN Public School
    Adarsh Nagar, Jalandhar - 144008 Punjab, INDIA
    Tel: +91-181-2254463, 2254464   |   Fax: +91-181-2204426   |   Email : mgnps@yahoo.in, mgnetjal@gmail.com   |